e virtues and of Qasidah Burdah
Some of its virtues (and specialities as appear in famous kitabs) are mentioned here:
2. For the removal of difficulties recite 71 times.
3. To remove drought recite 300 times.
4. For wealth and riches recite 700 times.
5. To have male children recite 116 times.
6. To make easy all difficult tasks. recite 771 times.
7. Whoever recites it daily or has someone else recite it9 and thereafter makes damm (blow) on him, will be safeguarded from all hardships.
8. Whoever recites it once daily and makes damm blow) on his children, they will be blessed with long life.
9. Whoever recites it 17 times on a Thursday evening for 7 weeks will become pious and wealthy.
10.Whoever recites it in his bedroom for any work or special purpose, that purpose will be shown to him in a dream.
11. Whoever recites it 41 times in an old cemetery for 40 days, his enemies will be destroyed.
12. whoever reads it once daily on rosewater for 7 days and gives it to someone to drink, that persons memory will increase tremendously.
14. Whoever is afflicted with a great cal
amity or hardship, should keep 3 fasts and daily recite it 21 times.
16. The house in which it is read 3 times daily, will be protected from most difficulties.
17. If a person has important work, he should recite it 26 times on the night of Jumah (Thursday evening) and give 26 things in charity.
18. The house in which this qasidah is kept, will be safe-guarded from thieves, etc.
19. Whoever recites it 7000 times in his lifetime, will live up to the age of one hundred years.
20. whoever reads it over rose water and sprinkles it over his clothes, will become respected and loved by the creation of Allah Ta’alaa.
21. On a journey if recited once daily, one will be protected from ail hardships of travel.
22. Whoever Is in debt should recite it 1000 times.
23. If someone reads it 41 times, or has someone else read it for him on the night of Jumuah, for a certain aim or purpose, will have his aim or purpose fulfilled.
1- From the evil of Jinn.
2- From plague and epidemics.
3- From smallpox.
4- From diseases of the eyes.
5- From misfortune.
6- From insanity.
7- From sudden death.
25-The house in which this qasidah is read daily, its inhabitants will also be bestowed with seven benefits:
2-Abundance in sustenance.
4-Help (from Allah).
5-One will see the NUR (splendour) of Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam.
7-Happiness and contentment.
29.If a child is born, then read it 9 times on sea water and bath the child with it. The child will be saved from all types of calamities.
30.For labour pains (child birth), read 3 times and blow on rose water. Mix the rose water with ordinary water and drink it. Place a little on the loins as well and ease will be experienced immediately.
31.Whoever reads it once after embarking on a ship and passes through a severe storm, will be safeguarded. whoever is imprisoned, should recite it continuously and he will be freed.
32.If land is infertile, read and make damm (blow) on the seeds, thereafter plant them, abundant crops will grow.
33.If farmlands are infested or plagued with locusts, then read it 7 times on sand and sprinkle it through the lands. wherever the sand falls, that land will not be infested again.