Sayyiduna Jabir Bin ‘Abdullah has narrated that the Beloved and Blessed
Prophet Rasulallah sallallahu alaihi wasalllm has stated, ‘In Ramadan, my Ummah has been gifted five such
things which were not given to any other Prophet Rasulallah sallallahu alaihi wasallam
1. On the first night of Ramadan, Allah showers special mercy upon them and theone upon whom Allah
showers special mercy will never be punished.
2. In the evening, Allah likes the smell emanating from their mouths (due to hunger)
more than even musk.
3. Angels pray for their forgiveness every night and day.
4. Allah orders Heaven to be adorned for His (righteous) people and says, ‘Soon
they will get rid of the grief of the world and find solace in My house and My bounties.’
5. On the last night of Ramadan, Allah forgives them all.’
Standing up, a person asked, ‘Ya Rasulallah sallallahu alaihi wasallam Is that Layla-tul-Qadr?’
He sallallahu alaihi wasallam replied, ‘No. Do you not see that a labourer is given his wage
when he finishes his job?’ (Attarghib Wattarhib, vol. 2, pp. 56, adiš 7)