THE EXCELLENCE OF DUROOD SHAREEF AS EXPLAINED IN THE AHADITH ON THE HOLY PROPHET
The Virtues of Durood have been taken from the follwing Hadith collections:
Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Muwatta, Nisaai’, Ibn-Majah, Darmi, Baihaqi and Miskhaat Shareef.
2. Allah showers ten blessings on the man who recites a Durood. 3. The first man who will meet the Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) on the Day of Judgement will be that person who had recited the Durood maximum number of times in his life time.
4. Those who recite Durood in maximum number will be nearest and dearest to the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) in the next world.
5. If any one is involved in a difficulty then he must recite countless number of Durood Shareefs.
6. Reciting Durood Shareef eradicates poverty and hunger.
7. If the Sawaab of the Durood Shareef is dedicated to another person, then thatperson will receive the Sawaab, while the Sawaab of the reciter will not be lessened.
8. Reciting excessive Durood Shareef brings purity.
9. Reciting maximum number of Durood Shareef is full compensation of all sins.
10. Any one who recites excessive Durood Shareef in this world will be safe and sound in the next world.
11. When a prayer is made to Allah it is never accepted unless praise of Allah Ta’ala and Durood Shareef on the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) is first of all recited.
12. Those who recite Durood quite often will see Divine Light on the dark Day of Judgement.
13. Three persons will be under the cool shade and the favours of Allah Ta’ala on the Doom’s Day. One who kept the Holy Prophet’s (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) Sunnah alive, one who removed difficulty of a fellow being and one who recited maximum number of Durood Shareef in his life time.
14. When you forget anything and your memory fails to recollect it, then recite Durood, you will remember the forgotten thing.
15. Reciting Durood in this world is rewarding in the next.
16. The reciter of 10 Duroods in the morning and 10 in the evening will receive the help of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) on the Day of Judgement.
17. One who recites Durood Shareef near the shrine of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) is heard by him there and then alone.
18. Any one who recites Durood is just as one who purchased a slave and freed him.
19. If a Durood is written in a book by someone Angels of Allah shower blessings on him till the Durood remains in that book.
20. The Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) said that he himself recites blessings on one who recites Durood on him.
21. Any one who wants to meet his Allah with a happy face must recite countless number of Durood Shareef.
22. Reward equivalent to a big mountain (Uhad) is given to one who recites one Durood.
23. All people will be presented to the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) with their habits, natures and distinct manner, so it is obligatory for a man to recite maximum number of Durood.
24. Allah is Great and Almighty to forgive all sins of the reciter during the day and night when he recites Durood Shareef.
25. If any one meets in a tragedy, he should recite Durood Shareef in countless numbers.
26. Reciting Durood is like giving something in charity.
27. Reciting maximum number of Durood kills all hardships.
28. Recite Durood Shareef in countless number on Friday, as it is presented to me (the Holy Prophet).
29. Bad deeds of 200 years (equivalent) are obliterated if a man recites 100 Durood on Friday.
30. Anyone who recites Durood will overcome all their troubles.
31. If the name of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) is mentioned and one who hears it but does not recite Durood Shareef, understand that he has forgotten the path to Paradise.
32. “I pray for all those who recite Durood on me”, said the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim).
33. If any one recites Durood Shareef from any place, any part of the world from any distance, it actually reaches the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) immediately. Allah Ta’ala has appointed several Angels who are given exclusive duty to collect all Durood Shareef and present the same before the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) immediately.
34. Angels of Allah shower 70 blessings on a man who recites Durood once.
35. Whenever you hear the call of prayers (Azaan) you should recite Durood.
36. Wherever you are, from any quarter of the world, you must recite Durood as it reaches the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim).
37. Ablution is not complete if Durood is not recited on it.
38. The Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) said to his wife that any one who hears the name of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) and does not recite Durood on him will not see the beautiful face of Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) on the Day of the Judgement.
39. Sayyiduna Ali (radi Allahu anhu) reports that Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) said, “The real miser is he in whose presence I am mentioned and then he fails to recite Salat on me”.
40. If a person recites 1 000 Durood Shareef daily, he will never die unless he himself sees his place in Heaven with his own eyes.
41. The Durood Shareef that is recited by the person is written with a Golden Pen on a Silver tablet by the Angels. The Angels then present this Durood Shareef to Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) and proclaim, “O Habeeb of Allah! The son of such and such a person has presented this gift in your majestic court”.
42. is the dawn of Friday and We are taught to remember Our Beloved (Sallallahu alaiyhi wasallam) in abundance. On This Blessed Night. Ulema have stated many blessings in reciting Durood Shareef it is a cure for almost every difficulty be it spiritual, emotional, physical or worldly, the benefits cited by our Scholars are vast.
43The Prophet of Allah (Sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) asked the Sahaba. “Who is a stingy and miserly person. The Sahaba responded: ” O Messenger Of Allah (sallallahu aliyhi Wassallam) A stingy person is he who has loads of wealth but does not spend it.” The Prophet of Allah (Sallallahu alaihi wassallam) responded “No! a Stingy and Miserly person is he in whose presence my name is mentioned and he does not recite Durood.”
44.The Prophet of Allah ( sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) has said that whoever recites Durood upon me for his each recitation Allah Ta Ala will Forgive ten of his sins , his rank in paradise will be raised by ten Degrees, and he will receive ten blessings.
45.Whoever recites Durood abundantly, will be the closest to The Prophet Of Allah (sallallahu Alaiyhi wassallam).
Whoever recites Durood abundantly, he will be relieved of his debts.
46.Whoever recites Durood abundantly, at the time of his death he will blessed with the tawfiq to recite the Kalimah Tayabbah.
47.Whoever recites Durood abundantly, will be protected from the punishment of the grave.
Whoever recites Durood abundantly, will be given the Tawfiq to perform Hajj.
48.Whoever recites Durood abundantly, will be given tawfiq to visit the Blessed Grave of our Beloved (sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam).
49.Whoever recites Durood abundantly, will be blessed by seeing the Prophet of Allah (sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) in his dreams.
50.Whoever recites Durood abundantly, on the day of Qiyamah his face will be shining like the Moon on the 14th night of the month when it is at its brightest.
Whoever recites Durood abundantly, he will be as close to The Prophet Of Allah (Sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) as the Index finger is to the middle finger on a hand.
Whoever recites Durood abundantly, will be given the water from the fountain of Al Kawthar to drink by The Prophet of Allah (sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam).
Whoever recites Durood abundantly, and passes away and is buried in Medina
he will be amongst the first to receive devine mercy and to drink from
al Kawthar,and amongst the first to enter Paradise
Also remember the most Blessed Of Duroods is the Durood Ibrahimi . In this Durood You Not only remember the Beloved Of Allah (Sallallahu alaiyhi Wassallam) But You also remember The direct and Beloved forefather, Of Our Beloved Sallallahu alaiyhi Wassallam) Khaliliullah the friend of Allah Sayiddina Ibrahim (Alaiyhi Salaam). May Allah increase us in our love for them and may Allah also give us the Tawfiq to recite this Durood abundantly and not be lazy in our recitation ameen.